Topic

Some packrafting videos from this weekend in coastal Alaska

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Packrafting Some packrafting videos from this weekend in coastal Alaska

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

Boy, this is a pretty sleepy forum. I guess I’ll try to liven it up a little.

Here’s our paddle on Saturday: Packrafting Sargent Creek

And Sunday: Packrafting Virginia Creek

Dan Gregerson
    BPL Member

@dlgregerson

Locale: Bob Marshall Wilderness

Wow! Thanks for those awesome videos Philip. As a novice packrafter, I’ve been scouring the web for vids to study and learn technique from, so these are useful from that perspective, as well as just looking like a ton of fun. Virginia Creek has the appearance of a theme park ride, it’s so narrow with beautiful terrain. Is that pretty much all class II? or did you just make it look easy?

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

It’s pretty much fool-proof class II. There are no sweepers, keeper holes, or anything particularly difficult to negotiate. Two of the paddlers are true novices, and they just bumper-car’d their way down. There are some tiny eddies that are fun to catch if you are a slightly more advanced paddler and a small hole or wave train to play on, but it’s really just a flume ride.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools