Topic

Solo 7 Days Southbound on the Northville-Placid Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Solo 7 Days Southbound on the Northville-Placid Trail

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

@ Josh!! 12 days is a great idea. You will have plenty of time to hike slow and enjoy time in camp. All I can say to you.. is.. Do IT!! You wont regret it. Its an easy trail to follow, except one section in the beaver damn area with lots of spruce trees down and it is completely flooded and under water.. other then that, the trail is easy to navigate.

Steve Thompson
    BPL Member

@stevet

Locale: Southwest

@dirtbag:

On my NPT hike I wore Injinji original weight toe socks.  2-pair (doubled up on each foot) and completed the trail, with continuous wet feet, without a blister.  YMMV.  I’ve been in drier areas been wearing just one layer of their thicker trail weight trail running socks, also to good effect.

@markverber reported wearing xoskin toe socks.  These are made with a ptfe fiber matrix.  The teflon likely reduces friction as claimed and may be an option to Injinji, and hopefully longer lasting.

All said, definitely give toe socks a try.  Wet feet, hot feet, cold feet, and shoes full of sand – I haven’t had a blister since 2009, this on 15 to 20 mile days.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Thanks Steve. I actually picked up 2 pair and have been experimenting with them..

Jeffrey H
    BPL Member

@jeffers

@dirtbag I’m curious how those inv8 shoes have been working out for you since you got them. I too have mostly worn Salomon trail runners (the heavier XA3d pro ultras) for many years but this newest revision is just not working for me.

Do the inov8s feel similar to the Salomon’s of years past?

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

So far so great!! I am loving them. I have not hiked consecutive 20+ mile days in rain and mud.. for days at a time, but I have been hiking in them and I do run in them and I do wear them every day. At first I thought the toe box was similar, but after a day or 2, I began to feel they were slightly wider.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools