Topic

soles for Altra Lone Peak?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) soles for Altra Lone Peak?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anyone with narrow feet tried adding different soles to Lone Peak Altras? If so, what did you use?  I like the toe room in Altras but they feel very wide for my feet and I’m used to the support of stability running shoes. I would sacrifice some of the zero drop for a bit of arch support and a narrower feel.

PaulW
    BPL Member

@peweg8

Locale: Western Colorado

Perhaps the Lone Peaks are not for you? Have a look at Andrew Skurka’s preview of the Salomon Odyssey Triple Crown – https://andrewskurka.com/2018/preview-salomon-odyssey-triple-crown/

More to the point of your question though, when I inquired about replacement insoles for Altras at my local REI, the shoe salesman highly recommended Sof Soles (Athlete model) with the warning that they were not zero drop and that they made the shoe fit tighter. I haven’t tried them, but I may when my Lone Peak inserts pack out.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

I’ve used both Spenco hiker insoles and Superfeet insoles.  Both add some arch support and I think make them feel narrower.  The heels on the 4.0 feel a bit narrower to begin with, if that helps.

Mike In Socal
    BPL Member

@rcmike

Locale: California

That’s kind of ironic that you’d want to put different soles on Altras. That’s how the company started. They were heating up shoes in a toaster oven, cutting down the midsole to flatten them out and then glueing them back on.

La Sportiva makes a narrower shoe but the toebox is narrow too. I’d recommend trying Inov8; the toebox is wide if I recall correctly, and not as ‘soft’ as the Altras.

Christopher *
    Spectator

@cfrey-0

Locale: US East Coast

YourSole performance thins have worked well for me in Altra (recommended originally to me by an Altra employee when they discontinued their stability wedges). Zero drop and good arch support. I don’t think much will help with reducing width however other than different footwear choice. Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools