Topic

Smokies/Roan Highlands Section Hike Late December

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Smokies/Roan Highlands Section Hike Late December

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Will P
    BPL Member

@wperrott92

https://lighterpack.com/r/l8veu3

Either doing the Smokies AT/BMT loop twice or going from Fontana Dam to US 19E if I want to drop money on a shuttle. I’ve done all of this portion of the AT before but coldest I’ve experienced was about 15 degrees in the smokies last November so erring on the side of caution.

Russ W
    BPL Member

@gatome83

Locale: Southeastern US

You should be nice and toasty! I think I can save you about 3.5 pounds right off the bat….you have your outlet plugs and cables listed in pounds instead of ounces…unless you really are carrying 4 pounds of plugs and cables!

That down hoodie is weighty, but I bought one on sale and wear it for around town. It is warm and comfy.

You are heavy and duplicative with you headlamp choices. Possible 2-3 ounces potential savings there. Your pack is a hauler and I was scratching my head about the need for a fanny pack.

Most of what you’re taking are entirely personal choices. I’m jealous… should be a great hike. Stay warm and dry.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools