Topic

SMD Cuben Haven Tarp gone for good? Next choice?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) SMD Cuben Haven Tarp gone for good? Next choice?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Skibbs
    Spectator

@skibbs

Locale: Conifer, CO

Was contemplating between this and a duplex, looks like my decision was made easier since when I asked about availability of this product the response received was:

“We have taken time off from cuben fiber production. We might address it again in the future.”

Is there another double wall I can research that is similar to MLD design and still comparable in weight to the Duplex?  Thanks.

Skibbs
    Spectator

@skibbs

Locale: Conifer, CO

Just to clarify I was looking to get the Haven tarp in cuben with the nettent – about 3 more ounces than the .74 cf duplex… trying to find a comparative double wall to the duplex that isn’t too much heavier… also had a typo of MLD, was supposed to read SMD.

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

Hexamid duplex tarp plus SMD Haven net?

I don’t know, just asking if this might work. Published weights suggest a total of 25.5 oz (9.5 oz for .51 Duplex tarp and 16 oz for Haven net tent.)

Sam C
    BPL Member

@crucial-geek

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

If you really want a Haven in Cuben, try posting a WTB in Gear Swap.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools