Topic

Sloppy Joe Noodles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Sloppy Joe Noodles

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

Locale: NE AL

Recipe

This makes a pretty reasonable meal for 2 by weight.  However, I greedily scarfed it all by myself on my recent section hike on the AT.  It was savory and had my shelter mates envious.

terry a thompson
    BPL Member

@terry588

Locale: West

thanks for the post. sounds really good! do you know the calories per serving?

Matt
    BPL Member

@mhr

Locale: San Juan Mtns.

Here’s a UL twist on your idea.

Ingredients:

• Ramen Noodles
    • Fantastic World Foods Sloppy Joe Mix
    • Ketchup

Soak Sloppy Joe mix in hot water in a zippy for a few minutes.  Add Ketchup to taste.  Soak Ramen for a few minutes in hot water.  Drain.  Mix everything together, devour, and go to bed with a smile on your face.  Light. Simple. Quick. Crazy delicious.  If not, hike further the next day, and repeat.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

I have enjoyed the hummus and tabouli from Fantastic World Foods found in my local grocery, and looking for other offerings from them I was very disappointed to see that most their products were listed as discontinued on their website.  Major retailers such as Amazon list those products as unavailable, and only a few small online retailers appear to have the Sloppy Joe Mix in stock.  That sucks!  I wonder what is happening at the company?

Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

Locale: NE AL

@Terry- no clue on calories, sorry.  Seemed to have a high satiety factor though.

@Matt- that sounds really good, and simple too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools