Topic

Ski Camping from Peter Grubb

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Ski Camping from Peter Grubb

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Simon Weiss
    BPL Member

@simongtr

Locale: Bay Area

My friends and I have our fourth annual winter ski camping trip coming up and one of the options we have is starting at Peter Grubb hut.

After we leave the hut we have two nights and 2 1/2 days to get out of the wilderness. Does anyone have any suggested route? We are not experts what we have done this a bunch of times before and will be planning to camp in the snow.

We are planning to use ATT gear, and I am wondering whether the PCT route would be a good option plan to exit somewhere around Emerald Bay or slightly further north. Does anyone have experience with this route in the snow?

Another option we are considering is starting around Echo Lake. I have backpack here before many times and have done some day trip ski touring, but have not skied toward and camped north of Echo Lake. And he recommended route loops or one ways or otherwise? We are open to hitchhiking.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools