Topic

Six Moon Designs Deschutes CF ever coming back in stock?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Six Moon Designs Deschutes CF ever coming back in stock?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brando Sancho
    BPL Member

@saudade

Locale: SoCal

The cuben fiber Descutes is no longer listed on Six Moon Design’s website. Does anyone have some inside information about whether its been discontinued? Or know when it’ll be back in stock?

I asked through their website and sent em a tweet but didn’t get a response. Thanks.

If you were looking to get a sil version, there are some scratch and dent available now too.

Brando Sancho
    BPL Member

@saudade

Anyone have info on this? I have tried their Facebook, still no answer from them.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

They sold their remaining stock of them earlier this spring and said that it would be a long wair before they had them in stock again. They were vague but I wouldn’t hold my breathe over getting one during this summer’s hiking season. Have you looked at ZPacks’ Hexamid Tarp? I think that’s the most comparable product and readily available.

Brando Sancho
    BPL Member

@saudade

I don’t know why but the Seschutes just caught my eye. I think I’m just going to get the sil version. Thanks though.

Sam C
    BPL Member

@crucial-geek

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

There’s an interview with Ron Moak out there from a few years ago where he stated they were only going to experiment with CF but was not sure if it would be a long term product.

Mark Fowler
    BPL Member

@kramrelwof

Locale: Namadgi

I expect that it will be a long wait.  I am glad I got my cuben Haven when I did.  Guessing I suspect that there a two key reasons for cuben disappearing from the smd lineup.

1. Making cuben gear in house doesn’t fit with their otherwise outsourced production.
    2. They were not using enough cuben to get a competitive price from the supplier.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

. ZERO-G they are finally back in stock plus a few other shelters

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools