Topic

Site doesn’t remember me

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Site doesn’t remember me

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Site doesn’t remember me even though I ask it to.  Have to login every time I visit.

Site used to remember me but one day it quit doing so.  Same thing happened to another site I visit so I suspect it is something that happened on my end of things.  What happened and how I can correct it, however, eludes me.

Any tips?

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

1. Are you in incognito/private browsing mode?
    2. What OS and browser are you using?
    John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Browser privacy settings or possibly browser add-ons might be responsible.

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Are you in incognito/private browsing mode?Don’t know.  Where would I check for this?

What OS and browser are you using? I think the answers are Windows 10 and Microsoft edge.  I’m so weak in this area I’m not 100% sure.

I just lowered my privacy setting to basic from intermediate.  Didn’t help.  How would I know if I had a brouser add-on?

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Mac user here. Take this with a grain of salt: Edge is a weird browser. It always annoys me when I have accidentally used it at work. Try Google Chrome.

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Thanks for the help.

I’ll try all the tips and see if I can fix this.

Not having automatic login isn’t the end of the world.  Might help me improve my memory by memorizing my passwords.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

you’re probably not incognito.  It says “incognito” somewhere at upper right in google chrome

the site usually remembers me, although recently it seems like it asks me to login sometimes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools