Topic

Sierra High Route (SHR) Segment 1 – Copper Creek trailhead to Southlake and Bishop for resupply – more to come later

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Sierra High Route (SHR) Segment 1 – Copper Creek trailhead to Southlake and Bishop for resupply – more to come later

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Murali C
    BPL Member

@mchinnak

Companion forum thread to: Sierra High Route (SHR) Segment 1 – Copper Creek trailhead to Southlake and Bishop for resupply – more to come later

After reading Manfred’s SHR report from his 2020 trip and Dan Stenziano’s Super Sierra High Route, I decided I needed to head out to the SHR while I a

David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

Locale: Northern California

Thanks Murali. It was a great trip, and I couldn’t have done it without you and Chris. Love the video and images and your commentary (although big volume difference between the music and you speaking!) But…..who strapped that bowling ball to my gut? Sigh…

I’m posting my own report now. Till next time!

Murali C
    BPL Member

@mchinnak

David was the fearless guy…..was fascinating to see him walk without poles up or down. I still remember getting to Marion lake after Red Pass and looking at the steep scree down to Marion Lake. Chris and I were debating backtracking to find a different way to get to Marion Lake. David said – no way am I backtracking and started going down the chute. Chris and I followed….and it was not so bad.

David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

Locale: Northern California

Some times ya gotta just bust a move bro

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools