Topic

Should a Nemo Tensor RW (72×25) fit in a Notch Li?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Should a Nemo Tensor RW (72×25) fit in a Notch Li?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Steve H
    Spectator

@hop

Crazy question, because I have one.  I have a Tensor Ins. RW 72×25 & just received my Notch Li.  My pad, which I like a lot, is rectangular & after two pitches I’m still not convinced it will fit OK/fine.  I’d prefer not to have to get a tapered (Ether Light XT) & am hoping my current setup settles into a fit, somehow.  Anyone else have any experience with this?

On my second handles up pitch I staked out the floor tensioner for max width & it’s better, but still somewhat problematic at the corners.  I’d appreciate any experienced feedback.

Thanks!

Michael B
    BPL Member

@mikebergy

Given the Notch Li spec, I’d say you might have trouble fitting it as the end with is only 20”, and the pad is only 12” shorter than the specified floor length. Probably not a huge deal as the pad and the bathtub will just deform a little where they touch, but that is for you to decide whether it bothers you.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

Mine flattened out the bathtub at both ends. Didn’t eliminate the bathtub but significantly lowered the edges at both ends. It’ll work if you can accept that.

Steve H
    Spectator

@hop

Thanks.  Has anyone used a S2S Etherlight XT large mummy 78×25 in the Notch?

Steve H
    Spectator

@hop

Nemo Tensor RW (rectangle) vs S2S Ether Light XT Large (tapered).  Which would you pick?

(overlays compliments of Henry)

Nemo

Steve H
    Spectator

@hop

S2S

Steve H
    Spectator

@hop

Apologize for the two separate posts – attaching images isn’t intuitive for me here.  I thought these images might also help others understand the fit.  Steve

Michael B
    BPL Member

@mikebergy

I’d pick the more comfortable mattress. 😂

Steve H
    Spectator

@hop

Micheal B – everyone’s a comedian ;).  Are you here all week?

PS – they’re pretty comparable in comfort, it’s the fit, as you know, that’s bugging me.

Bill in Roswell
    BPL Member

@roadscrape88-2

Locale: Roswell, GA, USA

Ray of Renegade Scot on YouTube uses the Ether XT Large Women’s in Notch Li without issue. He was using the men’s L til it sprung a leak.

Steve H
    Spectator

@hop

Thanks Bill!  I’ve seen some of his content before. I went & watched it.  I had been considering the women’s version thinking the taper was symmetrical & potentially a better fit.  Looks spot on.  Thanks again.

BTW, I loved many years in Alpharetta.  Cheers.

Michael B
    BPL Member

@mikebergy

Sorry, Steve, it was meant to be a little funny, but also to redirect attention to the tradeoff. It seems they both can “fit”, albeit with the bigger one lowering the bathtub in a possibly meaningful way. Is it a good trade? If the wider pad was more comfortable, i.e. my elbows don’t touch the ground, I’d deal with the slightly lower bathtub in those areas where the pad is a bit too wide, but that is my opinion, and may not be someone else’s.

Steve H
    Spectator

@hop

No worries Michael, I thought it was semi-clever. I was just busting your chops.  I agree with your comfort/elbows priority.  Leaning toward replacing the Nemo w a S2S Either Light tapered.  Perfect fit, just an inch thicker then I’d like. But 25” wide, which is important to me.  Thanks for your input.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools