Topic

Shelter for 4-6 people

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Shelter for 4-6 people

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    BPL Member

@drshane-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Locale: Northwest Wyoming

Our Scout Troop has two Go Lite shelters for 6 and 5 persons respectively. We need another. Looking at the Tarptent Hogback. Other suggestions?

Brett A
    BPL Member

@bulldogd

Oware may have something that would suit your needs.  Not a “tent”, but a 10′ x 14′ tarp w/perimeter netting.  Says the 30d weighs in at 2 lb 15oz.

https://bivysack.com/shop/ols/products/nettarp5

BPLwiia
    Spectator

@bplwiia

Eureka Timberline has been a classic for Scouts.  Eureka also has other tents that hold 3-5 people.

Others companies include Seek Outside, REI, Big Agnes, Lite Outdoors Plateau, Luxe Octopeak,

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

The only 4-person “tent” I remember GoLite making was the shangra-la 5 which was a pyramid tarp.  That was my goto shelter for a large number of kids and I though worked great though it has a huge footprint.  There are several companies which are still making 4+ person pyramid / tipis such as Mountain Laurel Designs and Seek Outdoors, maybe OWare, and numerous companies that used to make them that you might be able to find used but good conditions including GoLite/MyTrailCo, Black Diamond and MSR.

Brett A
    BPL Member

@bulldogd

Titanium Goat used to have tipis as well but I suppose they’re no longer in business.  Another used option?

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Locus Gear makes a version of the old MLD Circus Tent.   The footprint would be huge but I think it slept 8.

Logan K
    BPL Member

@logan

Locale: Florida

Not sure if they are still in business, but McDane Tents makes awesome large shelters.

Logan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools