Topic

Sewing Vinyl Coated Polyster – Sealline Material

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Sewing Vinyl Coated Polyster – Sealline Material

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    M W
    BPL Member

@bigtrout

Hi All,

Haven not been on here in ages – MYOG fell behind as I became very busy with work. I have an itch and some more time and am embarking on a project I began pondering years ago.

I am planning some drybags. Basic questions:

• for light to medium duty bags, what weight fabric should I consider?
    • Needle and stiching – I presume a denim or similar needle will be necessary, what about stiching?

I have seen 10oz all the way to 18oz vinyl cover polyester material marketed as “truck tarp” material. I would be looking for something no more burly than the typical Baja Bag of the old days, but not much lighter.

And of course, I will be sealing seams with HH-66 cement. Any tips or project threads are greatly appreciated!

ps (I did search but was unsucessful in answering my questions)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools