Topic

Senchi alternative

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    George W
    BPL Member

@ondarvr

Senchi had a drop this morning, I normally do well at this type of sale, but not this time. It started at 9:00, and by 9:01 my first choice was gone, and by 9:02 so was my second choice. Had them in my cart and by the time everything auto-filled and I hit purchase it was too late.

Im still looking for a similar hoodie, so which of the other custom small manufacturers has good reputation and product? I want to stay with a small business to support their efforts.

Thanks

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I like my alpha 90 hoody from http://vadoul.com

Thread here

baja bob
    BPL Member

@bajabob

Locale: West

Second Vado. Seem to be better made as well.

Iago Vazquez
    BPL Member

@iago

Locale: Boston & Galicia, Spain

If not in a rush, Timmermade could be another option.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

How does the Vado 1/3 Zip Pullover fit? I.E. how stretchy is it? I have a 44 chest, would prefer a snug fit so am leaning toward a L vs XL.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Mine was made to custom dimensions. I think he’s moved towards stock sizes. I’d ask him, he communicates clearly and is very helpful.

Stumphges
    BPL Member

@stumphges

Superior Fleece

baja bob
    BPL Member

@bajabob

I’m 6’4” 230lbs.  Vado XL is a good fit close fitting but not too tight.  I generally wear XL or XXL for trimmer athletic fit clothes like RAB. I recommend a zip as well. The balaclava style hoods are somewhat tight around the neck and keep the heat in.

George W
    BPL Member

@ondarvr

Thanks, I’d been looking at the Timmermade custom hoody, but not the Vado, wish they still did custom stuff.

I’ll probably order something in the next couple of weeks.

baja bob
    BPL Member

@bajabob

Email Vado. I’ve seen them mention contacting them about custom.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools