Topic

Seeking slower paced backpacking companion(s), prefer AZ area

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Seeking slower paced backpacking companion(s), prefer AZ area

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    cyndy b
    BPL Member

@triskele

Locale: Somewhere in the Southwest

Me: I’m early 50’s, ‘used to’ backpack more frequently, but I’m out or practice due to a shoulder injury.  I want to get back on the trails for short weekender + trips, trying our some different gear to work around the injury, but I’m admittedly A SLUG at this point  :)   I’m in good shape, go to the gym, etc. but I’m small framed and out of practice carrying an overnight backpack.  I’m also a bit of a mountainside herbalist, who likes to stop and .. harvest the flowers ;)   I currently live in Southern AZ, so it’s easier for me to get to know someone in this region and see if we are trial compatible, but I am also interested in returning to the E Sierra region to actually hike; I adore that region!  I also adore the Pecos Wilderness of Northern NM.

Prefer female companions, but open to anyone willing or desiring to go at a relaxed pace and who ‘enjoys the ride’.  I have a fairly capable 4×4 to easily enable access to more ‘interesting’ to get to trailheads.   (I also like car camping in remote places).

Please message me if interested; thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools