Topic

Seeking Beta for Enchanted Gorge, Goddard Creek, Crown Basin Area

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Seeking Beta for Enchanted Gorge, Goddard Creek, Crown Basin Area

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Luke C
    Spectator

@paylasoutdoors

Hey guys, here is a link to the suggested route I am thinking of doing this fall.

https://www.gaiagps.com/map/?loc=10.4/-118.9447/36.9349&pubLink=jx2ig7MwWQq81Ywr2KZszsvG&trackId=4c37d201-1c4f-4e30-a79d-89d482fa5d6a

My dad did roughly this route back in the early 1980’s, and fondly refers to it as “The Death March.” Since he talks about it, and has always talked about it my whole life, it’s one that I have wanted to repeat, however, after Tehipite Valley (shown as Lost Canyon on the map), I am fairly unfamiliar with the area, and having a hard time finding any recent info or trip reports. I am curious to hear what you guys have to share. One alternate that I am considering is to drop down into blue canyon, over Blue Canyon Pass, instead of going past Finger Peak, and over at Finger Col. One thing i’ve heard about blue canyon is: TONS of bears, and aggressive ones too.

My main areas of concern are getting up Goddard Creek, and Enchanted Gorge from where I depart from the trail on the Middle Fork of the Kings River, getting up to the Finger Peak/Col area.

Thanks everyone.

Steve Thompson
    BPL Member

@stevet

Locale: Southwest

Luke,

Suggest posting this request on highsierratopix.  That board has several people able to provide the detail you seek.

Luke C
    Spectator

@paylasoutdoors

Will do, thanks Steve.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools