Topic

Seek Outside Flight One vs Zpacks Arc Blast

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Seek Outside Flight One vs Zpacks Arc Blast

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BPLwiia
    Spectator

@bplwiia

I’ve got a SO Revolution 6,300 and absolutely love it. Looking at getting a smaller and lighter pack for an overnight or weekend excursion. I would have already purchased the Flight One but I’m getting hung up on its taller pockets. I want to be able to reach back and grab water on the fly, like I do with the 6,300, and suspect that’s not possible with the Flight One.

I’m also looking at the ZPacks Arc Blast but wonder if it will work as well for me. I bring cameras and other equipment so my pack weight will be more than others who don’t bring such equipment. I’m certain the Flight One will carry more weight more comfortably.

Does anyone have advice about whether to get the Flight One and change the manner in which I access water or get the ZPacks and deal with weight at its outer limit?

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I’ve carried both and feel like the Seek Outside Flight carries significantly better.  I might suggest waiting on the Seek Outside Flight 2 with the lower pockets or the SWD Long Haul 50.

Russ W
    BPL Member

@gatome83

Locale: Southeastern US

Brad, Can you enlighten us about the Flight Two? I can’t seem to find anything about it.

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

Locale: Colorado (SeekOutside)

Flight Two, will have bottle pockets much like the Unaweep / Gila / Divide and a Mesh rear pocket .. same size main bag. ETA about a month. There is a little thing we are filing a patent on for the bottle pocket .. it has a unique feature .. but if you like our regular pockets you should like this just as much if not more

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

Nice! I’m looking forward to seeing Flight V2.

Erik Hagen
    BPL Member

@ewh100

Locale: SF Bay Area

Will the Flight 2 hold a Bearikade Expedition can inside?  That’s what held me back from the first one.

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

Locale: Colorado (SeekOutside)

There will be Flight One and Flight Two, just different pack bags with subtle differences (side pockets) .

Belts will be interchangeable between them.

I can see on the adding a Bearikade. Right now it fits horizontally without the cross stay , but is tight with it and better to put in vertically. If we make it a touch bigger it will work but will add a slight bit to volume.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools