Topic

Seek Outside Flight 2 vs Divide

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Seek Outside Flight 2 vs Divide

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

Yes, I have a number of Alpackas. Mostly the classic series boats in the smaller size. I got one with a cargo zipper last summer and that was an awesome addition. For hiking I normally bring fixed-length poles because they tend to be lighter and stronger, but for packrafting I am using Black Diamond Expedition 3 poles. They are probably overkill, but I hate it when I bust a pole (which is my most frequent gear failure). For my PFD I use one of those inflatable snorkeling vests where I cut the neoprene back off and replaced it with mesh for lower bulk and better comfort.

Josh J
    BPL Member

@uahiker

Cool, sorry I ment to ask about the paddle,

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

I have a couple Lendal 4-piece set ups. My lightest has a smaller carbon blade that I pair with a straight carbon shaft. If I think I’m going to do a lot of paddling miles on a trip, I might bring a slightly larger carbon blade and a carbon bent shaft. All the Lendal parts are interchangeable, so I can mix-and-match as I see fit. I also have a 4-piece Aquabound Whiskey Carbon, but I don’t like that one as much. They are all 210-215 cm.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools