Topic

Search link takes you to: Looks like our GPS took you a bit off-trail.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website Bug Reports Search link takes you to: Looks like our GPS took you a bit off-trail.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CS
    Spectator

@covecs

Not sure if it’s just me, but when I go to the search link I sometimes get periods of where it says: Looks like our GPS took you a bit off-trail. Sorry about that! This last time it happened quite a number of times, I have a HAR file I can PM someone if they’re interested.

Dan
    BPL Member

@dan-s

Locale: Colorado

Happens when I click on “recent forum topics” pretty often.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

We have noticed this as well. It’s due to the content distribution network we use. They’ve had to lock things down very tightly due to cyberattacks lately and it’s causing these errors.

Rex Sanders
    BPL Member

@rex

After an “off-trail” message, if a couple of quick retries don’t work, I move onto other stuff for a short while. Usually everything works after 15 minutes or so.

But quite recently some of my posts have mysteriously vanished right after clicking Submit, almost like I never wrote anything or pushed the button. Now I routinely copy posts into another app before clicking Submit. Kind of a pain, but that’s life in the 2020s so far.

— Rex

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Today it never was able to get out of that mode when trying to use “recent forum topics” had to circumvent the system….alternate route.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Hi. I need an inventory of places where people are seeing the GPS Off Trail message. This will inform our debugging process.

I will start: I see it frequently on the Recent Topics list (99% of the time I come to BPL that’s my entry point because of my position here). It sounds like Dan is having the same experience.

CS, message incoming about that .har file. I meant to ask you to send it to earlier and got distracted.

Where else are we seeing it?

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Update / Possible Resolution
    We have made some adjustments to the caching on the morning of 4/5/22. We’d like to know if that seems to address the problem or not. Are people still seeing the GPS Off Trail message?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools