Topic

Schnozzle seal with Nemo Tensor Insulated

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Schnozzle seal with Nemo Tensor Insulated

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stumphges
    BPL Member

@stumphges

I’ve read in several places that the Exped Schnozzle pump/dry bag is compatible with the Nemo Tensor Insulated pad. So I bought a Schnozzel recently, and found that they will mate, but the seal is not nearly strong enough to take any kind of pressure from the bag. I’m a bit confused. My tensor was bought just before the recent redesign and the Schnozzel about a month ago.

Anyone have this problem? Can a seal be made with something like a small rubber band?

Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

Locale: playa del caballo blanco

I also have the Schnozzel and a Nemo Tensor Insulated. The first few times I tried it, the Schnozzel popped off, but with a little practice, squeezing the air from the Schnozzel out a little slower than one might expect, it doesn’t pop off anymore–it’s no problem. It just takes a little experimentation to get the feel for it. You could also try wrapping a little plumber’s tape/ teflon tape to increase the width of the Schnozzle valve slightly to help it seal better.

Stumphges
    BPL Member

@stumphges

Thanks, Greg!

Chris K
    BPL Member

@cmkannen-2-2

Greg is right – wrap some tape around the valve, it works like a charm. I’ve used it this way without issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools