Topic

Salt Lake City area members?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Salt Lake City area members?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Gerke
    Spectator

@mtnrunner

Locale: Utah

I’m finding it difficult to find people to backpack with.  Used to go with my son but since he has grown up and left the house that is harder to do.  I do short trips with my wife but she doesn’t like to go out for more that 2 or 3 days and is usually maxed out at 10 miles per day.  Would like to find some people to do some trips with in the future.  I am good for about 15-20 miles a day.  The end of August or September I would like to make it into the Thorofare area for a 4-5 day trip.  Any members live in the SLC area?

Steve S
    BPL Member

@desertsteve

<div></div>

Jeff Gerke
    Spectator

@mtnrunner

Locale: Utah

Thought I better update this.  Due to plantar fasciitis issues the amount of mileage I can do has been reduced a bit. 15 miles a day is my upper limit until I can get better.  It gets fairly uncomfortable by around 10 miles but can go close to 5 after that.  I used to do a lot of trail running and have had to cut way back on running the last couple years.  A trip to the Winds last week was the first time I have had to cut back the mileage on a backpacking trip because of pf.  Kind of scary.  I’m going to a physical therapist now and trying to get this stuff taken care of.  Until then 15 miles is about all I can handle in a day.  I would still love to meet some people to do trips with but if you want to do more than 15 miles I wouldn’t be a good partner until I can get better.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools