Topic

Salomon Bonatti shell – 6.8oz

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Salomon Bonatti shell – 6.8oz

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gary Pikovsky
    BPL Member

@gosha007

Locale: New Hampshire White Mountains

Anyone try this new shell yet?
    Salomon Bonatti – 6.8 oz, great waterpproofing, full 4 way stretch, reflectors, 1pocket, nicely fitting hood, looks fantastic! Reminds me of the Norvan SL for super low bulk packability.

http://www.everywherewithoutdelay.com/2015/04/the-best-waterproof-running-jacket.html

Gary Pikovsky
    BPL Member

@gosha007

Locale: New Hampshire White Mountains

No one curious about this one? Really??

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

I don’t see how it stands out from any of the other 2 layer ultralight rain jackets on the market.

Matthew Stenger
    BPL Member

@matthewstenger

Locale: the beautiful northwest

It interests me. I really wish the Marmot Essence was still available, but in its absence I am considering this.

jared h
    BPL Member

@thundore

I have one; got it a few years ago. slim, runners fit. Features are simple but well designed. has a snap at the top so you can unzip and not have the top flapping. Chest pocket a little small. material is nice, waterproofing is solid, durability seems decent but i rarely wear it with a pack. probably not worth retail…got mine on STP for $75, would get a pertex shield + if not for the deal.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools