Topic

sale on klymets web page

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals sale on klymets web page

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth D
    Spectator

@turboken77

hello everyone I wanted to tell you all about klymets  site I got their 35l pack for 59.00 normal price 145.00 and I got there short pad for 39.99  pretty good  deals

Ed Biermann
    BPL Member

@longstride

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

and another 25% off with code klymit25off

great deals

Rob M
    BPL Member

@karennrob

Evil ad,    bought the wife the PINK camo  (not sure if I’m going to be in the dog-house or not.     also bought the Insulated V,  (hey it was on sale,  and I saved momma money).

thanks for the Evil link  :-)

John C
    BPL Member

@10se-backpacker-2-2

Nice sale, but the klymit25off code did not work.

John C
    BPL Member

@10se-backpacker-2-2

UPDATE: The code did not work on the Inertia XL sale price, but did apply to other items when added to the cart, including the Motion 35 pack on clearance. Just my luck I suppose…

Ryan K
    BPL Member

@ryan-keane

Thanks for the heads up.  I ordered the Motion 35 and Inertia XL. Not sure why the code did not apply to the Inertia XL – I tried several combinations in my cart.  But both were a great price ($45 and $41), so   I’m hoping the airbeam will work well in my bivy for lower torso padding combined with the XL.  It helped me stop wasting time debating all the other much more expensive packs I had been considering.  The Motion 35 should do me until I develop the skills to sew my own silpoly dry bag+running vest backpack.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

i picked up the 35L pack for 44 bucks and change and am MIGHTY impressed. feels like butter with 15-20lbs with the air suspension . this is my new go-to summer pack.

Pigeon
    BPL Member

@popeye

The Klymit airframes are great, much stiffer than foam for the same thickness and they can collapse for storage.

Ryan K
    BPL Member

@ryan-keane

Just got back from a 3-day trip testing out my new Motion 35 and Inertia X-Lite.

The Motion 35 was the bomb.  Airbeam is awesome and saved me when my sleeping pad failed (see below).  Love the front-loader zippers, side pockets with compression straps (top ones have clips) are great for securing stuff including hiking poles.  I got the Small/Med based on the recommended measurements – it’s a little short for my torso, with the hip belt sitting more at the bottom of my waist/top of my hips, but I can still loosen the shoulder straps a lot if I want and it’s still secure.  Sternum strap is also a little long – because the right side is static length with elastic, I can’t cinch it down as much as I wanted sometimes.  The one hip belt pocket is pretty small – I immediately switched the bulb to be located in the pack rather than the pocket, but I’m planning to sew on 1-2 more hip belt pockets, since the side pockets are hard for me to reach while on the move.

Inertia X-Lite was a failure.  On the first night, after making camp around 9:30 and inflating the pad, I went to pull off the bulb and pull the 2-piece valve apart.  I used some superglue to reattach the valve, almost gluing my fingers together in the process (I was tired and trying to work using my headlamp), and it seemed secure (no air hissing), but the pad went flat in an hour or 2.  I couldn’t sleep and ended up hiking straight through the night (fortunately did get to see the sun rise from a summit).  I was able to get some sleep the second night using just the narrow airbeam as my pad.

BUT today I wrote Klymit to return the X-Lite and asked if I could replace it instead with the X-Wave, since for my set-up (narrow quilt+bivy), the loft pockets on the X-Lite seemed too big.  Well, Klymit wrote back to me within 4 hours, offering to immediately mail me an X-Wave with no charge and not requiring me to mail them back the X-Lite.  SUPER Customer Service!

I already had 3 Static V’s for my family and now that the Motion 35 will be my main pack and hopefully the X-Wave will be my main pad, I’m becoming a big Klymit fan.

David Mason
    BPL Member

@dimjim

Seems the “klymit25off” code no longer works on the Motion 35 pack. Maybe they got wise to us!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools