Topic

S2S X-Mug as snap on lid for 95mm pots

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) S2S X-Mug as snap on lid for 95mm pots

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    robert k
    BPL Member

@rob-k

Locale: SF Bay Area

If anyone is interested I discovered that the S2S X-Mug fits nicely onto 95mm pots that that have a lip at the top which includes the Evernew 400ml cup as well as Toaks 550, 600, 650, 750 and 800ml pots among others. Basically any pot that is just wide enough to hold a 110 canister. For me, it replaces a lid and stuff sack, as well as of course, being an extra cup for my coffee while water is heating for breakfast. Since its silicone it can withstand the heat of boiling water and then some, but not direct flame from the stove. Weight is 2.7 0zs.

Jim C
    BPL Member

@jimothy

Locale: Georgia, USA

Good to know, thanks! It turns out that weighs exactly the same as my 450ml cup (for coffee/tea) plus the lid from my Toaks 850ml pot. Factor in the shock cord contraption I use instead of the stuff sack, and I’d come out slightly lighter with this option.

Only problem is, I’d be left without a lid while I sip from my mug and rehydrate my meal in my pot, but a piece of aluminum foil would solve that issue.

Scott M
    BPL Member

@bluetick-2

Is that a soto windmaster stove you are using?  How are you attaching the windscreen?  Is that the Evernew  Ti Cup 400 FD?

KRS
    BPL Member

@krshome

Locale: Virginia USA

What Scott said ^^^^ Is that a soto windmaster stove you are using?  How are you attaching the windscreen?

robert k
    BPL Member

@rob-k

Scott & Kurt,

The stove in the above photo is a Soto OD-1R, not the Windmaster.

Yes, the mug is an Evernew 400 ml. ( the shorter wide one, not the taller narrow one )

The windscreen is a simple piece of rectangular, thin aluminum flashing sized so that it stows inside the pot between the canister and the pot. I cut three narrow slots , into which the ‘points’ of the 3 pot support arms fit in.

I’ve since moved on to a BRS 3000T stove and will make a windscreen for that too…when I get the time.

Rob

Rob

Steve Chan
    Spectator

@sychan

Does the S2S X-mug pickup lots of odor/flavor from rehydrated meals? These silicone mugs seem to have problems with that.

Emmanuel Romo
    BPL Member

@emman714

Locale: Southern California

This is pretty cool. The only con to silicone mugs iced found is that they do retain odors and can pick up a lot of grit from the ground.

I wonder if the lid from a GSI minimalist would make a good sip lid for the XMug. It fits my toaks 650.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools