Topic

Return of MLD Pro Poncho – now only 8.3 oz (silnylon)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Return of MLD Pro Poncho – now only 8.3 oz (silnylon)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

This is exciting. Looks as if the regular “Simple” poncho is no longer being offered and the Pro Poncho is only available in 20d silnylon. DCF version has been discontinued. Green/Grey color only. I don’t know how Ron got the weight so low on a poncho that measures 5.5′ X 9′ X 5′, but I’m glad to see it. Description says: “Ground edge is 4″ shorter than ridgeline for a tighter and easier tarp pitch” I think that is a new mod and if so it reduces the weight a little,

https://mountainlaureldesigns.com/product/mld-pro-rain-poncho/

jj
    BPL Member

@calculatinginfinity

i wonder how it pairs with a hammock

David Sugeno
    BPL Member

@davesugeno

Locale: Central Texas

With a 9 foot ridgeline, probably not very well, unless you use a very short hammock.

jj
    BPL Member

@calculatinginfinity

i paired a jacks r better 8×8 with my homemade hammock for years with no issue. just gotta hang on the diagonal. i checked it out, the poncho tarp is bigger than the monk tarp which they claim is fine for standard hammocks. if it can be pitched on the diagonal it should be workable. maybe one day…

David Sugeno
    BPL Member

@davesugeno

Locale: Central Texas

Well duh, you’re right, I hadn’t thought about pitching it on the diagonal, which I should think would work, since this is rectangular.  I’m accustomed to hex tarps with my hammock.

Bill (L.Dog) Garlinghouse
    BPL Member

@wjghouse

Locale: Western Michigan

Would the cat cut allow it to be used effectively on the diagonal?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools