Topic

ResQLink Self Test Issues

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ResQLink Self Test Issues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

QUESTION:

If you have and recently used the ResQLink Self Test mode on your ResQLink did do you and your RECIPENTS RECEIVE Beacon Test Replies?

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

Dear Ken,

The apologize for the delay In response.  Our 406link service is still down and will be down be a while longer, because we had a lightning strike frying our equipment in top of the software issues we are having.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  The rescue network is still 100% functional so it will work in an emergency. I know this has been an ongoing event.  I do not have an ETA on this.

Regards,

Christopher Fornbacher

Rex Sanders
    BPL Member

@rex

Even when ACR gets everything running again …

A PLB test message is sent exactly once to whichever satellites might be listening. If that doesn’t go through – bad satellite angles, mountains, dead network, etc. the other side won’t get the message. This doesn’t mean something’s wrong with your PLB. It does mean these tests are not reliable “I’m OK” messages for folks back home. And PLBs can send a limited number of test messages before the battery must be replaced.

— Rex

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools