Topic

Resizing photos

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire The Natural World Resizing photos

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

I’m nearly at a point where I can do everything I need to do on an iOS device and may not replace my aging iMac.

There are likely dozens of ways to accomplish this on an iPhone or iPad, but I’m using Lightroom Mobile to resize my photos for BPL.  At the moment, >90% of the app is free to use without a subscription.

Import the picture into Lightroom > Edit (or not) > upload picture to camera roll > and select “small” which meets BPL’s file Size requirements.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Mike In Socal
    BPL Member

@rcmike

Locale: California

Another way would be to upload your photo to Flickr and just use a reference link.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

“Another way would be to upload your photo to Flickr and just use a reference link.”

A number of (most?) forums run things this way.  The largest downside is reading through an old thread and the link has been murdered due to the account being closed or whatever.  Upside is higher resolution images.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools