Topic

Resize Uberlite?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shane S.
    BPL Member

@grinder

Locale: P.N.W

Has anyone attempted to resize their Uberlite yet? If so, how’d it go? I am pondering resizing a large wide Uberlite.

Bri W
    BPL Member

@bwrightback

Yep. It sucks. Don’t do it. I cannot keep it sealed. Unless maybe if you were to iron it AND glue it, it might work. For some reason, it doesn’t seal the same way the Neoair seals. Different material. I spent three nights in the Sierras on a deflated pad. When I got home, I tried the hottest iron setting, kept pressure on it overnight, and it seemed to stay until I laid down on it.

Shane S.
    BPL Member

@grinder

Hmmm… I see. Thanks for the info.

darrell johnson
    BPL Member

@bombay

Locale: in the woods

I think I’ll have to try out a size small, and go with sit pad under ankles,  it is an expensive experiment to get base weight down, but a friend swears that they sleep just fine with such a set up

Shane S.
    BPL Member

@grinder

That’s something to consider too. I annoyingly fall off a 20” wide pad all night and my shoulders not on the pad wrecks havoc with my osteoarthritis. These issues press me to use a 25” wide pad.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools