Topic

Request for Pictures of BPWD Bear Den 2

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Request for Pictures of BPWD Bear Den 2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Koben Meausette
    BPL Member

@koben-m

Hi all,

I don’t frequent this forum much, beyond searching through old threads so if this should be elsewhere then give me a heads up. I am wondering if any of you can help me. I am looking for non-stock pictures of the BPWD Bear Den 2. I have a handful of pictures of the BearDen 1 and a few of the Lair but the 2 has been a struggle to find.

I have read on the controversy of John’s quality control and customer service but for the price I am tempted to try. I have already tested his customer service and emailed him asking some questions about the lair. He responded 1st thing the following morning with an insightful reply and thus I feel he is more trustworthy than some make him out to be. Time will tell. I would also appreciate any feedback from a Lair, BearDen 1, or BearDen 2 owner.

Thanks,

Whitefloor

Andrea C
    BPL Member

@andreagattonero

I too would be interested in pictures and opinions about.
    Is a similar design (2-pole) out there? The Tarptent Saddle2 is something similar, but does need 2 more short poles for the sides

Nick D
    BPL Member

@stumpjumper

Locale: Santa Barbara, CA

I bought a Bear Pawd net tent off Gear Swap a few years back and my $.02 would be to save yourself the heartache and pass. Seriously…. it’s not worth saving a few bucks. I was beyond shocked at the poor quality. I would never, ever, buy a product direct from them. Apologies as that doesn’t directly address your question.

Koben Meausette
    BPL Member

@koben-m

I’ve heard mixed reviews about BPWD. All the bad ones surface but I am sure there are good ones out there too. I have an album of pictures I have gathered of the bear den 1 & 2 that I will post here in a bit.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

I am sure there are good ones out there too.

I admire your enthusiam. I hope your tolerance for disappointment is equally stout :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools