Topic

Repairing holes in X-Mid

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Repairing holes in X-Mid

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lisa r
    BPL Member

@lisina10

Locale: Western OR

I’m organizing my gear repair kit and wondering what I should carry in the event I need to do field repairs on my X-Mid. Does anyone know what kind of Tenacious Tape works on sil/PU poly? I have the regular TT and also TT developed for sil-nylon. I’m thinking the sil-nylon one should also work on the X-Mid? Thanks!

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

I picked up Gear Aid Tenacious Tape Silnylon patches off of Amazon. If I am not mistaken..  they should also work on Silpoly.  I actually used a small patch the other day on my Silpoly Lunar Solo to hold a small magnet for the door. So far, it seems to hold.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

The X-Mid uses sil on the outside of the fabric and PEU on the inside. Regular TT will stick to the PEU side (inside) along with normal adhesives like SeamGrip. Silnylon TT will stick to the outside along with silicone based adhesives like SilNet.

lisa r
    BPL Member

@lisina10

Locale: Western OR

Thanks Dan! Looking forward to my maiden voyage in the X-mid later this week…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools