Topic

Repair Buckle

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Repair Buckle

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I’m looking for a 1.5 inch ladder lock repair buckle. I can’t find them wider than 1 inch. Does anyone have a recommendation on where to find one?

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains
    Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains

Looking closer I don’t think that is a 1 1/2″ ladder lock though it first appeared to be in the drop down menu.

b

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Yeah that’s not quite what I’m looking for but it could work. I’d just end up with an extra quick release and some extra weight. It’s a good backup plan if I can’t find what I really want.

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

Maybe try THIS?

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Thanks Bob but I’m looking for one I can insert onto an existing loop without resewing. That looks like a normal ladderlock that has to be sewn in.

Jim C
    BPL Member

@jimothy

Locale: Georgia, USA

A lot of the ladder lock repair buckles have a split cross bar, for you to slip the webbing in. But they seem to max out at one inch. I wonder if you could split the bar (on a regular 1.5″ ladder lock) yourself, perhaps with a hot knife.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

That’s smart, Jim. Great idea!

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

Sorry, field repairable.

Well, there’s also this, which could be used in a pinch. I did something similar with cordage many years ago.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Thanks, Bob. I’ll consider this solution as well.

Abraham Schlossberg
    BPL Member

@ernda

Locale: Southern California

“G hook” metal buckles will work, though it’s hard to find any for greater than 1 inch webbing.  You might be able to take one off a belt that uses them, sort of like this that REI sells:

https://www.rei.com/product/101417/bison-designs-catch-and-release-elastic-belt

Hunting/military suppliers use the Nexus G hooks for gun belts, molle webbing, etc but again hard to find wider than 1 inch.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools