Topic

REINFORCING GUY POINTS ON DYNEEMA FLYS

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) REINFORCING GUY POINTS ON DYNEEMA FLYS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I’d like to get a TT Notch Li but want to add some guy-out points too. I would be using tis full “3 season” as in hunting in October in Nevada above 9,000 ft. where I’ve experienced snow and some temps in the single digits plus high winds at times.

Should/could I use circular reinforcements of Tenacious Tape to add loops of Taslan nylon shoelace material as guy points? I can sew these loops on and seal the stitching.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Iā€™m pretty sure TT/Henry has been amenable to sewing extra guyout points on silnylon models in the past. Have you asked him if they can be added during production?

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Matt, No I haven’t asked TT about this. They have been accommodating in the past so I’ll ask. Thanks for the reminder.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools