Topic

REI In-Store: Zeta FL on clearance

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals REI In-Store: Zeta FL on clearance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike In Socal
    BPL Member

@rcmike

Locale: California

Today, I walked into my local REI (Northridge, CA) and was surprised to see the Arc’Teryx Zeta FL on clearance for $224 (originally $399). It is not listed on their site as being on sale but I didn’t hang out to ask why. Since it’s SoCal where it hardly rains, they may be clearing out stock. But still…I made my purchase and ran out before I spent any more money.

Mike In Socal
    BPL Member

@rcmike

Locale: California

Correction: the original price was $325; marked down to $224.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I posted in another thread about this (Ryan’s escaping a bad storm thread, I think). I saw it last week on clearance in my local PNW REI, and it rains a lot up here. It’s a new jacket, pretty recently released, so to see it marked down so much is a bit of a surprise, and perhaps a bit disconcerting. I didn’t buy it because of that (and because I’m quite happy with my Columbia Featherweight Ex Outdry jacket, which is, on sale, nearly half the price of the discounted FL price).

Bill in Roswell
    BPL Member

@roadscrape88-2

Locale: Roswell, GA, USA

They run some special deals for just a few days on a few select items. You got a heck of a deal!
    <p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

Nick Garcia
    BPL Member

@saltamontes

Locale: South Florida

Was thinking of getting the Zeta Fl during the REI memorial sale and wanted the yellow in M, but its out of stock, so i called them up and they said they are not getting anymore in that color, and i cant find it anywhere else, is it exclusive to REI? Seams strange if the jacket recent came out?

Bill in Roswell
    BPL Member

@roadscrape88-2

Locale: Roswell, GA, USA

REI gets exclusives on new release from many manufacturers. 6 months is the usual time span. It gives the manufacturers a chance to build some product buzz (and iron out early production runs). It’s easier to get local stores to carry the product since they know it sells well and they won’t get stuck with product no one wants (BA AXL pads being an example of a product that didn’t meet customer expectations).

Nick Garcia
    BPL Member

@saltamontes

Locale: South Florida

Just ordered one from REI for $242 I guess its part of their Memorial Day sale.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools