Topic

Re-packing Solutions for SunScreen etc…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Re-packing Solutions for SunScreen etc…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark J
    BPL Member

@mrkjhn

Looking for any suggestions on how to re-package sunscreen and other liquids (soap etc..) into smaller and lighter containers, be it squeeze bottles or tubes, or as someone once suggested, using portions of plastic straws (not sure HOW you’d fill one up with sun screen).  Just looking to ditch heavy plastic containers of more material than I’d need for a 6 day trip.

matthew k

@matthewkphx

I have been happy with the repackaging supplies I have purchased at Litesmith.

matthew k

@matthewkphx

Their micro-funnels are handy for getting liquids and granular stuff into tiny bottles. I don’t know if they’d work with sunscreen.

Mark J
    BPL Member

@mrkjhn

Brilliant!  Thanks for that referral.

Cameron M
    BPL Member

@cameronm-aka-backstroke

Locale: Los Angeles

Do a search for “refillable tubes”. You can get tubes of all sizes and use syringes to refill. Finally I can have 20 ml containers of sunscreen and mosquito repellant. Liquids however want the tighter screwtops like on the Litesmith site.

BTW I am the only one who does not care for those sunscreen sticks?

Adrian Griffin
    BPL Member

@desolationman

Locale: Sacramento

Dutch has 3ml and 10ml eyedropper bottles and a tiny funnel to fill them with. I use them for sunscreen, citronella and hand san. Dutchwaregear.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!