Topic

Re-Introductory Sale- Titanium Tent Stakes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Re-Introductory Sale- Titanium Tent Stakes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Its been 14 months since IĀ stopped making titanium then stakes. But a day doesn’t go by that someone doesn’t email me asking to buy a set of my stakes. So I decided I was going to start making the stakes again. But rather then make what I was before, I re-worked the design to make them better than ever. They now feature a tighter diameter top bend, with a more defined backbend, and less sheppard hook shape. These design improvements result in a stake that is stronger, drives straighter, has less bounce back, and more holding power. Available in 6.5″ and 8.5″ long. 25% off, Free Shipping no minimums. Ā http://LawsonEquipment.comĀ Thanks, Lawson

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

0.28 oz and 0.37 oz

Those look like good improvements

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

New cord options too!

Russ W
    BPL Member

@gatome83

Locale: Southeastern US

Lawson is awesome! Couldn’t help myself.

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

I have some of the ‘previous edition’ and they’re my most favoritest Ti stakes. :^) I have frequently whanged ’em pretty hard with rocks to drive them in and they’ve held up extremely well.

This deal is so good I’m ordering some more.

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Recently used these new version stakes and I like them. Heckuva deal at $1.50 each shipped.

They’re a little thicker in diameter, 3.5mm vs 3mm for the earlier version.

A set of 7 (I carry a spare) old-style weighs 40.1g and the new ones weigh 56.7g… again for a set of 7, so not a huge increase.

Per the photos below, the curve in the top of the new stake is more compact, the tail of the hook is longer and the tip on the ‘business’ end is sharpened somewhat. However, I suspect that after some use the tip of the new stakes will be blunted and assume a more round shape, just as the straight cut of the older style became rounded. :^)

Comparing the ‘poundability’ of the new stakes vs older ones is quite subjective at this point since I’ve only used them once, but they felt plenty robust.

Brian
    BPL Member

@bbbowers

Locale: NW Iowa

Any more reviews of these? :)

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

I’ve used them on severalĀ 1- to 3-night trips and love ’em. I use the 6.5″ version with my Duplex (along with two 7.5″ Ground Hogs for the ridge line) and find them great in my area… NY/NE. Best shepherd hook stakes I’ve used yet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools