Topic

Re-Install 2017 Kumo Hip Belt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Re-Install 2017 Kumo Hip Belt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

This should be simple.  I removed the hip belt on my 2017 Kumo.  I didn’t pay attention to how it was looped and now when I try to reinstall it, the loop won’t stay tight.  There isn’t enough friction to keep it in place.

I looped it in what I thought was the logical way, but I seem to recall it was looped differently when I removed it. Any help?

Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

Locale: playa del caballo blanco

Try looping the free end of the webbing (on the left side of the pics) back over one side of the buckle and under the other, so the two ends are facing the same direction. That should lock it in place (like doubling back a climbing harness). The gray buckle, which now looks like an “O” (open) will then look like a “C” (closed).

Michael Schlesselmann
    BPL Member

@mschless

Locale: Southern Los Padres National Forest

Can you double back the “tail through the upper gap? Not sure if this is the way that GG intended it but should put enough resistance to hold in place.

Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

Michael and Greg, thank you!  And Michael, I really appreciate you making it a visual.  That did the trick!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools