Topic

Rainjacket question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Rainjacket question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tom lakner
    BPL Member

@lakneremu

Locale: midwest

Hi,

I’ve been wearing Frogg Togg cheapo rain jackets for years now but I’m hoping to walk from the Mexican border to Lone Pine this coming spring and am wondering if the fabric on the Frogg Toggs can handle the wind I expect to encounter.

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences that might help me out?

Thanks,

TomL

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

The material is most likely to suffer from flapping in the wind. Try tying a few bits of string around it in key places.

Cheers

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I doubt you’ll wear it much from the Mexican boarder to Lone Pine but I would think it would hold up OK.  I’m sure there are some PCT hikers that have used Dri-Ducks type jackets that could chime in.

Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Changes Often

The main problem with the Dri- ducks is the material will easily rip if you catch it on something sharp or prickly. Not like a “ripstop” nylon. Carry along a little clear Scotch packaging tape for repairs and you’ll probably be okay.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!