Topic

Rain wear in plus size

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Rain wear in plus size

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Angi
    BPL Member

@joeangi

Locale: northeast

I am looking for a decent rain jacket for my wife. I bought her a Marmot Precip in xxl for Christmas, but it is still too tight across the chest. She generally wears a 2x top. Anyone know a decent brand that comes in “plus” sizes.

Thanks for any help you can lend.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

I rarely miss an opportunity to plug The Packa.  His sizing is pretty generous and the pit zips are huge.  I’m a big guy (6 feet tall and 270 lbs) and the XL is really roomy for me.  As long as your wife isn’t buying a rain shell to make a fashion statement (the Packa is decidedly not the most attractive garment) it might be a good option.

Joseph Angi
    BPL Member

@joeangi

Thank you…I will check it out. Sounds like it could work

Joe

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Kevin,

I too am a big dude.  I realize there are other threads on this but what material did you go with and do you feel that it ventilates well enough to skip the eVent option?

Steofan M
    BPL Member

@simaulius

Locale: Bohemian Alps

Joe, did you try the PreCip in Men’s XXL?

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Ian – I’m a bit of a Packa junkie…I have three!

• A medium in Sil-nylon
    • An XL in eVent
    • A custom XL in WPB Cuben

The medium fits me but just barely.  PM me with your address and I’ll ship you the medium and the eVent jacket to try.  You’ll only be out the cost of return shipping and I won’t be needing them for a couple of months at the earliest.

Joseph Angi
    BPL Member

@joeangi

Great idea to try the mens XXL….I am going to take her to REI (after the storm in the Northeast) so she can try some on.

Thanks to everyone for their help

Joe

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

That’s an unbelievably kind offer Kevin.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools