Topic

Railriders Adventure Top question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Railriders Adventure Top question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

I love my white railriders adventure shirt, but don’t like how stained it has become. I am probably expecting too much from a white shirt but I was hoping some washing would get it a little closer to white rather than having brown stains all over it.

I’m curious how the other colors handle staining. Has anyone used any of the other blue colors available for the adventure top? How has it held up?

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I don’t know of any of the lighter colored shirts that don’t stain. The light blue adventure shirt I used stained pretty badly in the first year of use.

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

I’ve got a couple of the older all nylon versions of the Adventure Top, both in the darker blue. They still look pretty good with no stains after many year of use.  I sent one of them to get treated with permethrin to be used during mosquito season.

Of the four colors now available, I’d go with the darker blue.  You already know about the white and the other two look to my eye like shades of cyan, which is know to attract mosquitoes.

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Good to hear about the darker blue. I may give it a try. I really like the shirt.

Mudjester
    BPL Member

@mudjester

I’ve been using a RR sunburst yellow journeyman shirt for 200+ bpacking days over several years. Love its ventilation, sun protection and horizontal front pockets (now vertical, unfortunately).  It gets grungy by mid-trip with stains which may lighten with a thorough rinse every few days, but most stains wash out in ordinary wash. Still functionally excellent and presentable enough for backcountry and bright color is good for pix. But fashion is the least of my concerns in the wild…

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I have an older one in a really light blue that seemed to do OK.  I don’t wear it much anymore as I generally either wear a knit shirt like the OR Echo or if I do go with a woven nylon shirt prefer a full button front.

That being said, have you tried bleaching it?  It is white so you should be able to bleach it.

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Unfortunately it’s beyond bleaching. Besides the dirt stains it has an assortment of blue/purple streaks. I dyed an Ohm with RIT and the color apparently didn’t set fully and stained the shirt.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools