Topic

Rae lakes vs evolution valley loop

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Rae lakes vs evolution valley loop

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Angie Russell
    BPL Member

@russelltown

My husband has agreed to use up some airline miles to come out to the Sierra for my birthday the 2nd week of September. We can spend 5 or 6 days backpacking. Thinking of Rae Lakes Loop or North Lake/ South Lake “loop” so I’m taking a poll. Assuming I’ll eventually check them both off, which is better for mid-September on this snow-year? I’m also open to opinions to which trip would be best saved for a family trip (our tweens love to backpack). Thanks!

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Going south from Muir Pass into LaConte was perhaps the most beautiful day of my life. My vote is to do N/S Lake Loop.

Art …
    BPL Member

@asandh

Definitely the North Lake-South Lake Loop.

Both are great though,

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

Yep, North Lake–South Lake. Or actually, South Lake–North Lake.

Francis DeRoos
    BPL Member

@fderoos

both trips are fantastic but any trip to Evolution Basin trumps most other options. One of the most ‘wonderful’ (in the truest sense of the word) places I’ve ever been lucky enough to explore. So I vote for South lake/North lake as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools