Topic

Race To Survive Alaska (TV Series)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities Race To Survive Alaska (TV Series)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Is anybody watching this reality show/adventure race? It’s pretty good. There are 8 team pairs, one being a father and son using the lightest gear it seems, HMG packs and maybe a DCF tarp.

https://www.usanetwork.com/race-to-survive-alaska

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

I saw the trailer. Looks a bit contrived but that’s better than some of the fake stuff out there (pretending to be real but really just acted out and pre scripted).

Robert Spencer
    BPL Member

@bspencer

Locale: Sierras of CA and deserts of Utah

I’m into it.

First was made aware of the show from the Enlightened Equipment IG post from March 20 where they announced they provided jackets and quilts to the father/son team. That piqued my interest.

It appears each team selects their own gear (no tents allowed) because there is a variety of approaches on display. The heavyweights naturally seem to be slower so far.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Yep. The couple carrying the heaviest packs had the issue on day 1, ending their participation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools