Topic

Rab Merino Plus Sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Rab Merino Plus Sizing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Does anyone here have experience with Rab Merino + ?  I am looking at getting the 160 Hoody if I can find a good deal and am trying to decide what size to get as I am often a ‘tweener between a medium and large.  I am 6’ 160-165lbs and a 34″ waist and wear a 40″ jacket.  I am leaning toward a Medium but don’t want it to be really skin tight either.  Does anyone have experience with how they fit?

Other comments about Rab Merino + garments?  I am having problems convincing myself to drop $100 on a shirt.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Nobody?

If I can find a backcountry 20% off coupon I guess I will be a guinea pig.

MJ H
    BPL Member

@mjh

Not exactly what you want, but I bought a Rab long-sleeved tee in large. It fits me well in the chest and I’m about a 42″ in jackets. I’m quite a bit heavier than you and shorter, so I think you’d do well with a medium.

Luke F
    BPL Member

@fowler

I’m in the exact same boat, I’ve been buying more thinner hoodies lately (OR echo, Sitka Core) and both mediums have me thinking I might have been better off with a large. I’m 6’2 and 160 with more of a 38″ chest, and both were snugger then I would have guessed. Of the few Rab items I’ve tried on I’m nervous about getting a medium but the 160 hoody is definitely calling my name.

I hope you are so kind as to be our guinea pig.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Looking for a 20% coupon and then I will pull the trigger and report back.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

I picked up the Rab Merino Plus 160 Hoody in Medium for 25% off and it just came in today.  I took a chance and went with a medium and am glad that I did.  It has a slim, but not skin tight fit, long arms with thumbloops, and a close fitting hood.  I am 6′ 162.9lbs as of this morning.   This is what I am planning on wearing for two weeks in Alaska this August.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

One more thing…  my medium was 8.6oz on my scale.

jared h
    BPL Member

@thundore

Brad-

glad you found the right size. wish i would have seen this sooner…i have a few rab meco shirts (previous version of merino+).  for anyone else interested, i get L in Rab, 5’8″ 175, 41ish chest, broad shoulders. kind of like the extra length i get in the torso (i hem my sleeves). M is fine in the stomach, but too tight in the chest and shoulders. I love this merino line, but if you have some extra weight, Rab, like other EU brands, will happily display it for you.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Just to give an update about the Rab Merino Plus 160 Hoody – I just returned from a 14 day backpacking trip in south-central Alaska where I wore the hoody as a baselayer for all 14 days straight.  I backpacked in it and slept in it.  It dried quickly and did well in temps ranging from the upper 60’s to the low 40′ in the daytime.  Get hot?…..just unzip the chest zip and pull up the sleeves,  Get cold, just use the thumbholes, and pull up the hood.  I am not sure this would be perfect garment for warmer backpacking, but it sure was perfect for this trip.

It seemed to wear well, other than one hole that I put it around my right hip when I slipped and fell climbing out of a steep wash ravine that required using my hands and feet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools