Topic

Questions/thoughts on Adidas Agravic Alpha Shield Hoodie

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Questions/thoughts on Adidas Agravic Alpha Shield Hoodie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hanz B
    BPL Member

@tundra-thrasher-ouch-man-2

This is an interesting piece of gear – slightly heavier than a wind jacket and lighter than an arteryx Atom SL at 5-6 oz sized.

Hopefully some others picked up this terrex  item because I have one main question and one main comment:

1) what is pertex quantum air? When I wear this jacket I kept touching it like an idiot because I swear it feels different than pertex quantums I have at home. It’s almost like a wron out tyvek feel, seems thinner than 7d nylons as well but I’m really confused by it. When I asked, The addidas reps won’t comment on the fabric because it was purchased On mass drop. On addidas it’s listed as pertex quantum. Every once and a while mass drop will tweak a product so I wondered. while I can’t prove this is not regular pertex quantum – I can’t shake the feeling that it’s not.

2) I’m also really intrigued by the quality and detail. I like the hood fit (stays out of your face) and the insulation was extended to the shoulders which imo is a great functional choice for warmth/weight. There’s stretchy material on the back torso and back of arms – doesn’t get as sweaty like columned nylons against my back between my bag, and weight true to spec.  what is most interesting though is the addition of the 50g weight of polartech alpha layer to the front meshed with a somewhat less windproof protective layer. I could see if you usually struggle to leave a fleece at home i found it to be a nice middle ground between fleece+wind jacket vs just wind jacket. I would say it also runs large enough to fit over any Fleece in the arms, but the mid torso section is a bit too fitted for layering more than a base of you are on the heavier side of a normal bmi .

Usability notes: two nights in Sedona canyons and it breaths better than my Montbell tachyon and still blocks a ton of wind.

weight critique: big zippers, could likely shave an oz there I bet.

I would appreciate any thoughts…

Mass drop description: The Adidas Agravic Alpha Shield Hoodie is a new kind of jacket—one that’s lightweight but durable, wind resistant yet breathable, and so packable, you’ll never have an excuse to leave it behind. The Pertex Quantum Air face fabric keeps weight to a minimum without sacrificing strength and abrasion resistance, and its softness allows the insulation to have more loft…

Hanz

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Hans,

Your description of the fabric seems similar to the side panel material of the 2011 Montane Lite-Speed’s. That material was labeled Pertex Quantum PEAQ. I tested the air permeability at 106.02 CFM. You can verify if this is the same fabric by comparing your garment’s air permeability to a single layer of coffee filter (~70 CFM).

Hanz B
    BPL Member

@tundra-thrasher-ouch-man-2

• Thanks! That sounds about right. I do really like it…something is just working right between this pertex air stuff and the lightly insulated chest and shoulders.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools