Topic

Questions for Crown VC 60 users

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Questions for Crown VC 60 users

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Uncle Luke
    Spectator

@elboe805

I’ve seen mixed results for sizing while scrolling through the forum.  I’m trying to order the right size the first time around, as I don’t have the money required to order both sizes and send one back.  My question is this:

1- Can someone measure the distance from the top of the hipbelt to where the shoulder straps attach to the pack for a size regular?

2- Can someone measure the same distance with a size large?

There seems to be a discrepancy between this distance in the various reviews on the forum.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Lucas

Shawn Peyton
    BPL Member

@alifeoutdoors

Locale: Iron River, WI

From the top of the hip belt to the shoulder strap attachment on a large is roughly 15″. From the bottom of the hip belt to the shoulder strap is 20″. However it depends on if you’re talking about the inside or outside of the should strap. It attaches to the frame at an angle so the above measurements are from the outside of the strap which attaches about an inch lower than the inside of the strap. Don’t know if that makes a difference or not to you but thought I’d mention it.

Uncle Luke
    Spectator

@elboe805

I understand what you mean about the angle of attachment, what baffles me is I had a PM earlier from someone who said a large, from top of hipbelt to shoulder strap was 17.5″.

Luke F
    BPL Member

@fowler

I will confirm the 17.5″ number, on my size “L” pack that is exactly the distance from the top of the belt to the middle of the shoulder strap (meaning splitting the difference between the outer and inner edge of the shoulder strap attachment spot).

Uncle Luke
    Spectator

@elboe805

Thank you for the information.  Can anyone confirm the size for a regular?

Jeff McWilliams
    BPL Member

@jjmcwill

Locale: Midwest

Are you aware that Granite Gear is releasing a Crown 2 very soon?

https://gearjunkie.com/granite-gear-crown2-backpack-review

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

I have the long and it fits me perfectly, i.e., the shoulder straps attach to the bag just above my shoulders and the load lifters work well.  My torso has been measured several times, by different people in different shops, using different methods and every time it comes out to 21″.  I’m pretty sure I would not have been happy with the regular.

re: new Crown 2…I really like the new features and upgrades even with the 3oz penalty (I would immediately discard/sell the top lid).  Were I considering purchasing a brand new Crown VC 60, I think I would opt for the Crown 2 instead.

Uncle Luke
    Spectator

@elboe805

Thanks for all the input.  The crown 2 looks nice, however the crown vc 60 is on sale right now on a website that I already have a 50% off coupon for one item.  It brings the total to about $80.00 so it’s too good of a deal to pass up!

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

$80 brand new?!?!?  Uh…yeah…jump all over that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools