Topic

Question: Primal Evo shoes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Question: Primal Evo shoes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

does anybody know anything about these?

https://primalevo.com/en_US/c/Men/7

Thanks!

Nick B
    BPL Member

@bur

Locale: Kalifornia

I’m wearing a pair right now.  Maiden voyage so I don’t have any good long term input.

They are extremely comfortable.  The rubber is a little soft which should help with traction on the granite.  The owner told me that he got 1000km out of a pair running on asphalt, which seems pretty decent to me.

There is no rubber at the arch, only leather.  Depending on how tough your feet are that might be an issue.  I usually wear 4mm Xeros so I’m pretty happy with the ground feel in the Primalevos.

I am quite concerned with the durability of the mesh that makes up the body of the shoe. I really hope that it can stand up to off road use because the shoes check off a bunch of boxes for me.  It seems pretty flimsy, though.

The mesh also has quite a bit of stretch which, while making for a very comfy upper, may become an issue in the long term if it stretches too much.

For reference, I wear Lem’s Boulder Boots to work with Correct Toes spacers.  When not at work I wear either sandals, Xero Ipari Hanas, Kigo Leons, or occasionally Altra Superiors (though the 2.0s really bother my knees).

I cannot stand to have my toes squished.  While the Primalevos are a bit snug if I’m wearing toe spacers, without the spacers the footbox is plenty roomy.  No squished toes.

I really hope these shoes work out.  I love everything except for the mesh (and that only from a durability perspective).  But remember that this is little more than a first impression.  No trail time yet.  They could hold up just fine.  The owner says that he runs and hikes in them in some pretty rugged looking mountains with no complaints so we will see.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools