Topic

Question for the Roger Caffin: Threadlock to secure Needle valve collar?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Question for the Roger Caffin: Threadlock to secure Needle valve collar?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    al b
    BPL Member

@ahbradley

I have an outwell Appetizer 2 stove* whose Part A from https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/26530/#post-1579900 has come loose due to the tiny blob of threadlock? falling off:

I presume it is  OK for me to threadlock it back on and what is the best threadlock?

Perhaps they should have used a pin:

*– https://www.outwell.com/en-gb/ecommerce/accessories/appetizer-2-burner-new

Ben H.
    BPL Member

@bzhayes

Locale: No. Alabama

Most thread-locking compound is silicone based and good to much higher temperatures than this piece sees.  I would be surprised if you had problems with the standard Loctite Blue (good to 300F).

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Al

Have you tried just doing up the nut with a tiny bit of force? Seat the nut shoulder against the stove body tightly (but not too tightly). It may be that this would be sufficient.

Otherwise, most any high temperature thread locker would work – but use only a very small amount. You don’t want it squooshing over the insides, and you want to keep the ability to undo the nut later.

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools