Topic

QUESTION: Altra Lone Peak 2.0/2.5

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) QUESTION: Altra Lone Peak 2.0/2.5

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

I love my 2.0s, and have been looking for the killer deal before they’re out if stock everywhere. I fear I may be too late, though; I wear size 14 and they’re tough to find even at full retail.

the question is, should I keep searching, or go,ahead and get the new 2.5s?

i haven’t heard much about them or read any really good reviews.

any input?

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

I have a pair.  They would be an excellent hiking shoe.  As far as running in them goes, they are good on all but hard packed trail.  I’ve done a 100 miler on them on hard pack and my feet were killing me by mile 45.

The rear foot box isn’t all that great, a little sloppy typical of Altra’s.

However the fit is spot on with the 2.5’s.  Here’s my review.

Adrian Adams
    Spectator

@adrianadams

Locale: Northern Arizona

I love these shoes.  I have put a couple hundred miles of backpacking on each version.  The upper is a little more durable in the 2.5 but also lets in more fine dirt when in dusty conditions.  As stated the the heal is a little sloppy on the 2.5.  I thought they were going to give me blisters on the heal, but it never happened.  One of my biggest complaints with the Lone Peak is the tread pattern and lack of traction on the fore foot.  That has not changed.  If you liked the 2.0 I expect you will like the 2.5.

Rock-on.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools