Topic

Q & A with Shilletha Curtis

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Q & A with Shilletha Curtis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Backpacking Light
    Admin

@backpackinglight

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Shilletha Curtis was awarded a Backpacking Light Diversity Grant in 2020 to help her prepare, acquire gear, and train for her next dream: hiking the Triple Crown. We caught up with Shilletha for a quick interview.

Jon Solomon
    BPL Member

@areality

Locale: Lyon/Taipei

Nice to see how Shilletha’s commitment to social work meets up with UL backpacking.

She sounds like a manifestation of the Wounded Healer archetype.

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” Rumi.

The main question is not “How can we hide our wounds?” so we don’t have to be embarrassed, but “How can we put our woundedness in the service of others?”   Henry Nouwen.

“The analyst must go on learning endlessly…it is his own hurt that gives the measure of his power to heal. This, and nothing else, is the meaning of the Greek myth of the wounded physician.” Carl Jung.

Awesome Grantee choice, Ryan.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

Not going to be wordy, just to say I hope she gets a blog going so we can experience her experiences.  One word of caution: many bloggers, especially women, time it so their posts pop up a week or so later (it became the same for male hiker Second Chance on the PCT losing weight, so fans wouldn’t show up fwiw … same with pranksters I guess).

Steve E
    Spectator

@steve8

Go get it, Shilletha!

Sundance Key
    BPL Member

@sundance-key

Shilletha, you go grrl!  I admire your ambition.  Frankly it stuns me that someone would set the goal of a Triple Crown without having done even one of those LD trails.  But it sure sounds like you’ve got it in you!  Wishing you a grand trip — or three grand trips!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools