Topic

Protein Bars – 2 recommendations

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Protein Bars – 2 recommendations

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JVD
    BPL Member

@jdavis

Locale: Front Range

I like the convenience of protein/nutrition/food bars, and I’ve tried a lot over the years: Bear Valley Pemmican bars, Powerbars, Clif bars, Larabars, Honey Stinger bars, Probars, and a number of others. I like most of them, but I’m always on the search for the next-best-bar. I generally have 2 a day while bp’ing, and they are good enough to eat in town.

Here are my current favorites:

DALE’S RAW PROTEIN BARS: http://www.dalesrawfoods.com/collections/protein-bars  They seem healthy to me, not overly sweet. I like graham cracker flavor best but several other flavors are good, too. Sometimes a bit dry. Made to order, excellent customer service. Since they are raw, they have a shorter shelf life. I’ve had no trouble on my 3-5 day hikes. Frequently on sale. See ingredient list in the pic below.

RISE ALMOND HONEY BARS: https://risebar.com  Nice, simple, sweet. They have new flavors which I have not tried, but I like the Almond Honey ones. They can be a little oily because of the almost paste in them. I got mine from Amazon, but lately my local Vitamin Cottage health food store has begun to carry them. See ingredient list in the pic below.

JVD
    BPL Member

@jdavis

Locale: Front Range

Ingredient list for Dale’s Raw Protein Bar, Vanilla Cashew flavor. I thought it was showing in the pic in the OP, but no.

• organic cashew butter
    • pea protein
    • rice protein
    • hemp protein
    • raw cashews
    • flax seeds
    • organic date paste
    • coconut nectar
    • coconut flour
    • organic coconut oil
    • vanilla extract
    • water
    Sebastian O
    BPL Member

@loboseb

Any suggested bars that are available at supermarkets that are healthy?

Tipi Walter
    BPL Member

@tipiwalter

I went thru the whole Dale’s cycle years ago and it looks like he is using new packaging with new ingredients.  The old bars were good for the first few days but I grew tired of them fast, sad fact since I bought around 10 cases of the things.

My old Dale bar on a trip into the Mt Rogers crest zone.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools