Topic

Princeton tech byte replacement suggestions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Princeton tech byte replacement suggestions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Russell Lawson
    BPL Member

@lawson

Locale: Olympic Mts.

Hello, I’ve been using the Princeton tech byte for years.  It’s been my favorite headlamp for in camp and daily use at home.  I really like that it isn’t to bright, good weight, two AAA’s and price under $20. Though they only seem to last 3-4 years of use.  I bought a new one this year and one of the issues the byte has had is it will drain the battery while idle, or in the lock position, either way when I go to grab it, it will not turn on until I flip the batteries positions and even then they will be well drained, and the headlamp is not super bright to begin with.
    Any suggestions for a new headlamp that fits all these features, price doesn’t matter as long as it is durable for a few years.

Russell Lawson
    BPL Member

@lawson

Locale: Olympic Mts.

Adrian Griffin
    BPL Member

@desolationman

Locale: Sacramento

I like the Petzl eLite. Less than 1 oz, np drain when off. Takes CR2032 coin cell batteries (lithium, long shelf life), but these are cheap if you get them from AliExpress. I just got a 10-pack of Panasonic CR2025 for $2.14 delivered.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools